“Client” means the company, firm, individual or organisation which has an account with Buckingham Events in order to use the Services.
“Buckingham Events” means Buckingham Events of The Old Rectory, Main Street, Glenfield, Leicester, LE3 8DG.
“Commencement Date” means the date for the commencement of the Services as set out in the Order Confirmation.
“Order Confirmation” means in the case of online orders, the confirmation of purchase on the Website of one or more of the Services; and in the case of orders via the Buckingham Events sales team, the form or email received by the Client confirming details and pricing of the Services ordered by the Client.
“Services” means the services as set out in clause 2.
“Terms” means these terms and conditions.
“Website” means www.buckinghamevents.co.uk and includes without limitation its content, forums, sub-domains, databases, software, code and graphics.
2. The following Services are available from Buckingham Events:
Digital Advertising: The Client may purchase Digital Advertising in the Buckingham Events Directory or other area of the website or online publishing including but not limited to magazines, catalogues and promotional material. The display, placement, content, price and duration of such advertising shall be determined by the package purchased.
Featured Listings: A paid for service whereby the Client’s listing will be given greater prominence in the Online Directory.
Advertising (both digital and printed), Editorial, Advertorial, Design services including printing, Event Planning Services, Business Consultancy.
Members Messaging Service: This Club Forum and Directory offers a messaging service whereby members may send message internally to other members.
Google Maps: Please note we do not have control over the accuracy or general use and availability of Google Maps and no refund shall be made in full or part should Google Maps become unavailable.
3. Buckingham Events shall provide the Services in accordance with these Terms. Clients must set up an account with Buckingham Events in order to gain access to the Services. The Services do not constitute an offer by Buckingham Events and Buckingham Events reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to refuse to offer the Services to any person or organisation.
4. A legally binding contract between Buckingham Events and the Client comprising these Terms (and where applicable the Order Confirmation) will come into effect when (i) in the case of automated online orders, the screen confirming successful purchase of Services appears on the Website or (ii) in the case of orders via the Buckingham Events sales team, Buckingham Events has received the Client’s completed Order Confirmation or an email confirming the Client’s order.
5. In the case of advertising, editorial or blog posts Buckingham Events shall perform the Services using information and criteria supplied by the Client. It is the Client’s responsibility to provide accurate and up to date information and to check such information for errors before and after publication. Where a proof is sent to the Client, it is the Client’s responsibility to check the accuracy of the details included. The Client undertakes not to submit for inclusion in any listing, advertisement, forum comment, blog post, Profile, or anything to appear on the Website or in any printed publication, any material which is illegal, defamatory, offensive, fraudulent, violent, discriminatory, obscene or sexually explicit or which may adversely affect Buckingham Events or Buckingham Events’ reputation.
6. The price of the Services shall be that stipulated on the invoice. The price is exclusive of VAT at the current time.
6.1 Payment of the price, must be made immediately. Payment must be made without deduction or set-off.
6.2 In the event of late payment, Buckingham Events may suspend any or all of the Services until payment is received. In the event that the Client fails to pay any invoice within 7 days of receipt of a notice to pay (receipt shall be deemed to be 2 working days after the date of such notice), Buckingham Events may terminate the Services and all outstanding invoices shall become payable immediately. In the case of subscription Services, the fees in respect of any outstanding minimum term shall also become payable immediately. For the avoidance of doubt, the Client shall remain liable for payment of all agreed Services notwithstanding such Services have been suspended or terminated under this clause.
7. Without prejudice to any other remedy, Buckingham Events reserves the right to charge interest in accordance with the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998 as amended.
8. Online payment services will be carried out by PayPal or BACS.
9. Once a contract has been formed, Buckingham Events cannot accept any cancellation of the agreed Services: no refunds will be given and outstanding invoices shall remain payable. The duration of any Subscription Services or Advertising Plans are outlined in the package description as purchased unless otherwise agreed with Buckingham Events: in the event of early termination, no refunds will be given, outstanding invoices shall remain payable, and the fees in respect of any outstanding minimum term shall become payable.
For Services purchased online, refunds may occasionally be given at Buckingham Events’ sole and absolute discretion.
10. Buckingham Events may, in its sole and absolute discretion, add to, modify or discontinue any of the Services from time to time. However, this will not affect any Order Confirmation agreed prior to any change or withdrawal of the relevant Service.
11. Buckingham Events reserves the right to change the fees and/or these Terms from time to time, provided that no change shall be retrospective.
12. Without prejudice to any other remedy, Buckingham Events may terminate the Client’s account and any or all contracts and Services with immediate effect in the event of material or persistent breach of these Terms by the Client or if Buckingham Events has reasonable grounds to believe that the Client cannot or will not pay its debts.
13. Buckingham Events reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to close any account at any time without reason. Examples of accounts that may be closed include, but are not limited to:
1. those of Clients who have not provided full or accurate contact or company information
2. those of Clients that Buckingham Events considers to be acting inappropriately or illegally
3. those of Clients that use the Website to advertise websites, services, businesses and/or business opportunities in any part of the listing or on any part of the site which Buckingham Events believes falls outside of the intended purpose of the website directory (for example where a Client users their listing to offer for sale the Client’s business and / or where the Client uses their listing to promote a company belonging to a third party whom Buckingham Events has restricted use of this site to or who’s business industry does not fall within a category of this site e.g. petrol station) or a third party who is not a Client of Buckingham Events.
4. those of Clients who fail Buckingham Events’ credit checking process, or who default on payment.
5. those of Clients on the Club Forum who Buckingham Events consider to be abusing, hard selling or misusing the service in any way.
14. The Client agrees to use the Website and the Services in ‘good faith’ i.e. to post authentic, impartial and unique business listings, advertisements, blog posts, comments, events and special offers (where authorised) of reasonable quality, which provide both adequate and accurate information pertaining to the business, offer or event. The Client also agrees that any abuse of the Services, Website or these Terms can result in the Client’s access to the Services being removed, and its account terminated.
15. The Client agrees that Buckingham Events are authorised to submit information to this website for publication (including but not limited to special offers, business information, events and all personal information such as contact details).
15.1 Buckingham Events reserves the right to refuse any content supplied by the Client for inclusion on the website, online or printed publications, that it deems inappropriate.
15.2. The Client warrants that it has ensured that all content supplied by the Client for inclusion in online or printed publications is free from any copyright, trademark and any other limitation of use restrictions and that all images supplied by the Client are owned by the Client and/or the Client has the right to publish/share said images.
15.3 For the duration of the Contract you grant Buckingham Events a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, right to exercise all copyright, database rights and rights of publicity over any content supplied for inclusion on the website.
16. All intellectual property rights connected with the Services and/or the Website shall remain vested in Buckingham Events or any third party from whom such rights are licensed. The Client shall not reproduce, copy, modify, adapt, publish, transmit, distribute or in any way commercially exploit any material which is subject to any such intellectual property rights.
17. Buckingham Events cannot guarantee that (i) the Website and/or the Services will be available at all times; (ii) the Website will be free from errors, viruses and/or other harmful applications; and (iii) the Services will generate any enquiries, responses or results.
18. Buckingham Events shall not be in breach of these Terms if events beyond its reasonable control prevent Buckingham Events from performing the Services.
19. It is the Client’s responsibility to protect their computers against any viruses and malware.
20. These Terms and, where appropriate, the Order Confirmation contain the entire agreement and understanding between Buckingham Events and the Client. The Client acknowledges that it has not relied on any representation made by Buckingham Events in entering this contract, however, nothing in this clause shall exclude any liability for fraudulent misrepresentation. To the fullest extent permitted by law, all terms implied by law or statute are excluded.
21. In the event that the Client makes a claim against Buckingham Events for whatever reason, Buckingham Events’ liability (if any) shall not exceed the price paid or to be paid by the Client for the Services. Under no circumstances shall Buckingham Events be liable for any consequential, indirect or special losses howsoever arising or for any loss of profits, revenue, interest, goodwill, business and/or savings (whether direct or indirect). Nothing in these Terms shall be construed to exclude Buckingham Events’ liability for death or personal injury by negligence or any other liability which cannot by law be excluded.
22. If any clause or part of a clause is held to be invalid or unenforceable, this will not affect the validity or enforceability of the remaining clauses or parts.
23. Notices to Buckingham Events shall be sent by email firstname.lastname@example.org and notices to the Client shall be sent by email to the address supplied on set up of the Client’s account.
24. From time to time Buckingham Events will contact Clients in order to evaluate the service they receive and also to promote Buckingham Events’ services and products. Buckingham Events monitors the quality of listings, offers and events from time to time in order to provide a better service to users of this website.
26. The Terms shall be governed by English law and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.